Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Final Project Inspiration


In brainstorming for the final project, here are some concepts and pieces that I find interesting:

I really like the idea of giving objects or machines personalities. Terry Border does just this in a simple yet effective way with his sculptures.
http://wildammo.com/2012/03/22/living-objects-if-household-items-food-came-alive/#14
household-items-come-alive-wildammo (4)


As I mentioned before I really love mechanical sculptures. The work of David C. Roy is probably my favorite of these kinetic sculptures. His are wound springs, but I could do something similar with Arduino motors. I have never done wood working though.
http://www.woodthatworks.com/





I love both of these pieces. They are so simple yet use motion to become memorizing.
I could definitely see myself creating a similar piece using pendulum motion to create an intriguing computer powered kinetic sculpture





I also love the work of Gideon Obarzaneks. I have been playing with the idea of using projection in my final project and I think even though he works with dancers and I would not be in this case, great inspiration can be drawn from the unique ways he uses projections with motion to evoke emotions


No comments:

Post a Comment